The Mid Sussex Tri Club Triathlon and Aquathlon takes place on Sunday 25th August 2019. This is our tri-extravaganza. All based from one of the most picturesque locations in Sussex. Race on the Bank Holiday weekend when all roadworks are suspended, and join family and friends for our traditional picnic on the grass afterwards. Race short or long distances or in a relay.
Swim is in reservoir, bike is undulating roads, run is alongside reservoir
There are 3 distance options available, both races take place at the same time so you can only do one.
- Sprint: 750m Swim / 23km Bike / 5km Run
- Olympic: 1.5km Swim / 40km Bike / 10k Run
- Middle Distance: 1.9km Swim / 80.5km Bike / 21.1k Run
- An open water swim over a 750m course in the Ardingly Reservoir
- A cycle route of approximately 23km that will be held entirely on open public roads, where there will be unrestricted vehicular, pedestrian and other traffic. It is a single lap course.
- A 5km run over a course that is mainly on off-road public footpaths and bridleways adjacent to Ardingly Reservoir. It is one lap on an out and back course with a cone marking the turning point.
- An open water swim over a 1.5km course in the Ardingly Reservoir.
- A cycle route of just over 40km that will be held entirely on open public roads, where there will be unrestricted vehicular, pedestrian and other traffic. The course is a single lap of the club middle distance route. It is a relatively testing and technical course, and
- A 10km run over a course that is mainly on off-road public footpaths and bridleways adjacent to the Ardingly Reservoir. It is 2 laps along a shortened version of the run route below, a cone will mark the turning point.
- An open water swim over a 1.9km course in the Ardingly Reservoir.
- A cycle route of 80.5km that will be held entirely on open public roads, where there will be unrestricted vehicular, pedestrian and other traffic. The course is 2 laps of an extended version of the Ardingly Triathlon route. It is a relatively testing and technical course, and
- A 21km run over a course that is mainly on off-road public footpaths and bridleways adjacent to the Ardingly Reservoir. It is 3 laps of the full run route below.
More detail for each route along with risk assessment is available for download here:
Cost: £20 or £10 each member of a relay team.
There is also an additional £5 race license fee unless you provide a BTF number.
Entry is now closed
All proceeds after expenses go to the clubs nominated charity for the year.
No person will be allowed to participate in any or all of the session without having completed the entry form and having paid the session fee.
All participants MUST attend the pre-session briefing that will be held at the transition area at 07:00. The event will start at 07:30.
The event will start and finish at Ardingly reservoir: Ardingly, Sussex, RH17 6SQ. Telephone: 01444 892 549. Full details of the facilities can be obtained on the Ardingly Activity Centre website.
Please remember that while this event has been registered with the BTF, it will not be fully marshalled. It is important that ensure your safety throughout the session. Please remember that the club's general policy is one that is predicated on the notion that we are all responsible individuals who appreciate the risks associated with our sport and, therefore, participate at our risk.
Changing and shower facilities are available at the Ardingly Activity Centre. There is a small café at the activity centre selling hot and cold drinks and various snacks and confectionary.
Please ensure that you park your cars in the public car park at the reservoir (charge £1). Do not attempt to drive beyond the car park entrance towards the reservoir or to park lower down the hill.
The transition area will be on the grass alongside the entrance to the car park. This will also be the finish of the course. Racking for bicycles will be set-up. There is no provision to leave any equipment/kit at the venue prior to the day. The schedule for the day is set out below.
All participants are responsible for their own hydration and nutrition throughout the session. Please make sure that you bring sufficient quantities of any supplements, gels etc that you may need. Bottled water will be available at:
- The transition area - which will serve the swim-cycle transition, the cycle-run transition and the southern turn around point for each lap of the run
- The southern turn around point of the run
Please remember that we are guests at the venue and that other people will be using it and its facilities.
Good luck to everyone.
Results and Feedback
"Just a short note to thank you and all the rest of the team for
putting on another great event last Sunday. Well worth the trip
down from Wimbledon. There is clearly a lot of effort put into
making it a great event. I'd also like to add in another £50 to the
clubs charity fund so let me know the best way to get this to
Regards Matthew Kirby"
"Thank you so much for a great event. It was friendly, welcoming
and well run. Both Sanford and I enjoyed it immensely. I cannot
recommend it highly enough. We hope to be back next year. Thank you
also for the prompt responses to my emails. All in all a very good
Kind regards Tina Miller"
"Just to say thank you to you and the Mid Sussex Tri team for a
super event today, a really lovely, pretty and friendly event. The
Wimbledon Windmilers contingent ( James Constable, Lindsay Doy and
myself) all had a great time and look forward to coming back next
Kind regards Clare"
"Thanks to you and the club for a great day Matt The legs are
certainly feeling it now. All the best with any upcoming race
official duties and hope to catch you next season
"Thank you and the team for organising the festival. As guests
we were made most welcome. Please send my thanks to Paul for
running with me. His company was particularly appreciated with
motivation to keep going in the heat !!
Best wishes Jennie"