The BAR (Best All Rounder) competition returns for 2016 to test the metal of club members against a gruelling series of local events.
The competition awards consistency, the details of the scoring are:
The fastest MSTC man and lady get 10 points, 2nd fastest 9 points, 3rd - 8 points etc. If more than 10 compete then every competitor gets 1 point once the first 9 have been awarded.
In this competition all the races count - and the winners are the male and female athletes with the highest cumulative scores. In the past the winners have tended to be the most consistent athletes.
Below are the races that will contribute to this year's BAR:
- Balcombe Bull Run, 7km, 20th March
- MSTC Duathlon, Sprint distance 5k/20k/2.5k, 17th April
- MSTC Charity Swim, 1Km swim?, 6th August
- MSTC Triathlon Festival, Olympic Tri, 28th August
- 10m Cycling TT, Date TBC once available, likely to be September
- MSTC Duathlon, Standard distance, 10k/40k/5k, 17th April
- MSTC Charity Swim, 5Km swim, 6th August
- MSTC Triathlon Festival, Middle Distance Tri, 28th August
- Barns Green, 1/2 Marathon, 2nd October
- 50m Cycling TT, Date TBC once available, likely to be September
Glory awaits the top 3 athletes in the Short and Long BAR competitions.
Think you can do better than last years winners?
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask Steven Alden. Let the competition begin...
The races are over, to check out who has taken the glory please have a look at the spreadsheet below.