The BAR (Best All Rounder) competition is back in full effect this year (thanks to Steve Alden's retirement giving him more time for this most important competition!).
The competition awards consistency, the details of the scoring are:
The fastest MSTC man and lady get 10 points, 2nd fastest 9 points, 3rd - 8 points etc. If more than 10 compete then every competitor gets 1 point once the first 9 have been awarded.
In this competition all the 6 races count - and the winners are the male and female athletes with the highest cumulative scores. In the past the winners have tended to be the most consistent athletes.
Below are the races that will contribute to this year's BAR:
- MSTC Duathlon, Sprint distance 5k/20k/2.5k, 3rd May
- MSTC Charity Swim, 2Km swim?, 1st August
- MSTC Triathlon Festival, Olympic Tri, 30th August
- Brighton 10K Run, 15th November TBC
- 10m Cycling TT, Date TBC once available, likely to be September
- MSTC Duathlon, Standard distance, 10k/40k/5k, 3rd May
- MSTC Charity Swim, 5Km swim, 1st August
- MSTC Triathlon Festival, Middle Distance Tri, 30th August
- Barns Green, 1/2 Marathon, 27th September TBC
- 50m Cycling TT, Date TBC once available, likely to be September
Glory awaits the top 3 athletes in the Short and Long BAR competitions.
Think you can do better than last years winners?
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask Steven Alden. Let the competition begin...