Every person must accept the indemnity form during registration on the website for the forthcoming season/year and read the risk assessments and club policies. The water board require new indemnity acceptance each year from each swimmer - those completed last year are redundant.
Open water swimming (from late April to the end of September) we currently have the following venues:
Southwater country park (Cripplegate lane, Horsham) on a Monday night (from May) 18.00-19.30. This is a free session, with changing and showers available (code is C23469)
We share this venue with a few tri clubs so if you decide to come along you will see everyone getting changed on the floating jetty so come along and introduce yourself. Clubs have specific swim hats - ours are red and have our logo on (available from Steve Mac).
There is a code of conduct point which states swimmers should swim up the left bank, and down the middle of the lake to minimise the risk of collision, and to separate us from kayakers. When there are no kayakers, we can be a little more lax. Also to avoid head to head contact a bit more sighting practise and those coming out of the sun (towards the jetty) should give way to those heading away from the jetty.
Ardingly reservoir - We have two weekly sessions (from April-Oct)
- Saturday mornings 08:30-10:00
- Tuesday evenings 18:00-19:30
Cost is £4.00, you can buy credits on the website on your details page. Safety cover, changing and showers are available.
To get to the swim jetty follow the path past the club house along the line of boats to the very end and you will see the floating jetty.
***Unfortunately part of our agreement with Southwater Country Park and Ardingly reservoir is that:
- ONLY FULLY PAID UP MEMBERS of the club can swim
- Indemnity form must have been completed
- Wear a wetsuit and club swim cap
Extra info for Ardingly only:
- Be prepared to take a turn in the kayak*
- Pay £4.00 per session
- Be out & clear of the water by 10am ie. not arriving at 09.55.
* To keep everyone safe we are required to have someone in the kayak accompanying swimmers. This season we will be operating a rota system and everyone that swims will be expected to kayak at some point. If you kayak for the entire session you swim free next time, sharing won't count.
Weir Wood Reservoir - Forest Row RH18 5HT. Tuesday evenings at 19:00hrs and on Sundays at 18:00hrs. The venue is also open three afternoons a week in the summer for swimming and boat hire.
Cost is £6.00, changing and showers available. More details here
You must have completed the Mid Sussex Triathlon Club Open water Swimming Session Indemnity/Waiver form before swimming at any of the outdoor venues.